Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Missouri Musings - An Introduction



I am a Florida girl, through and through. OK, I know I was born in Michigan and grew up there and now I live in the Midwest. In fact, I have lived in the Heartland longer than anywhere I ever lived in my life. But isn't home where the heart is? I did live 16 wonderful years in South Florida traversing my teen years to mid-adulthood. The cloud streaked skies, the sounds of rustling palms and lapping ocean waves as they caress the sand, the smell of salt water, and the screech of marine birds overhead - all within reach if I just close my eyes and summon them. So, for me, I am still a Florida girl. But the name of the blog is Missouri Musings so what does that have to do with a Florida girl?

Well, this Florida girl will be musing from her Missouri home, sometimes about Missouri, travel in and around Missouri, politics, local and national, recipes, and who knows what else - isn’t that what musing is all about?

So, this is my new, very personal blog. I hope it will be thoughtful, entertaining, provocative, and just an all around good read.

No comments:

Post a Comment